Monday, April 25, 2011

It's been too long...


So finally i have a little bit of time this Easter break to post on my blog... honestly i have been thinking and missing my blog! Well, a lot has happened since the last time i posted. Ryan, Prakash and I will be moving to Alabama come this fall. Ryan will be doing his Doctorate in Music at the University of Alabama and i will be continuing with my undergrad in Theatre with emphasis in Costuming. I am excited yet dreading the full load i have to take for the next 4 years to get my degree. But i love what i have been doing and definitely see this as a career for life in some form or fashion.
But before we move this fall, we will be packing up and putting everything in storage to move to Rapid City (about 6 hours away, where Ryan's family lives) for the summer. I got a job at the Black Hills Playhouse ( a summer gig) to work as a stitcher for the 4 shows they will be putting up, plus designing for one of them. I am excited, humbled and scared out my mind, but i think this will be a good experience for me. Ryan and Prakash will be living with the 'rents while i live in Custer State Park (absolutely beautiful!) for 3 months. They will be about 30 minutes away from me so it won't be horrible! But it a FULL time job and something i think that will be a way of life during the summer for our family. IT will be something like this in some form or fashion that Ryan and i will be doing during the summer for the next few years.
With this post is a picture of a Victorian style bonnet that i made for the play that i designed for called Woman in Black. I love this hat!!
Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment